I've been meaning to make this list for awhile. These are TV shows I have liked and watched most or all of.
Alias, Angel, Avatar: The 10th Kingdom, The Last Airbender, Battlestar Gallactica, Bones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Castle, Doctor Who, Dead Like Me, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Dollhouse, Eureka, Firefly, Freaks and Geeks, Fringe, Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alchemist, Glee, The Guild, Grimm, Happy Town, How I Met Your Mother, Jim Henson's The Storyteller, Lost Girl, Mad Men (only on S1), My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The New Girl, Numb3rs, Once Upon A Time, Psych, Q.I., Robin Hood: BBC, Rome, Star Trek: OS, Star Trek:TNG, Star Trek:DS9, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Enterprise, Torchwood, True Blood
Movies I love: Across the Universe, Adaptation, Avalon, Avengers, Back to the Future, Blade Runner, Blazing Saddles, The Book of Eli, Brick, The Butterfly Effect, Captain America, Casablanca, Cashback, Cowboys and Aliens, Crash, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Elaine Stritch: At Liberty, Hot Fuzz, I Capture the Castle, Kate & Leopold, The Lord of the Rings (I, II, III), Love Actually, Moulin Rouge, Penelope, Pleasantville, The Prestige, The Princess Bride, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Requiem for a Dream, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Serenity, Spaceballs, Star Wars (IV, V & VI), Stardust, Stranger then Fiction, V for Vendetta, Wall-E, Young Frankenstein,
My LJ paid account was set to expire... right around now. Guess who just gave me a free month of paid time. I didn't notice the down time at all. Well whoop-dee-do. If I go back to paying for any account, it will probably be DW, though I'm not using blogging enough lately to justify the expense TBH, though having less user pics will royally suck.
1. Calliope Meets Frank by Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas Instrumental The first melody in this medley is the very first song I learned, purposely, by ear, from a CD when I was 12, at my parents request, thus proving I could do it. It was from a different album (The Road North, by Alasdair Fraser and Paul Machallis). When I heard this version, I fell in love all over again. It is the absolute number one song that I can count on to put me in a good mood no matter what.
2. Raise Your Glass by Pink So raise your glass if you are wrong In all the right ways, all my underdogs We will never be, never be anything but loud And nitty gritty, dirty little freaks Won't you come on and come on and Raise your glass!
3. Heaven by Los Lonely Boys So I just got to show some faith And just keep on giving, how far is heaven Lord can you tell me, how far is heaven This song also inevitably makes me happy. It helped me look to the light at the end of the tunnel more then once when I ran into rough times.
4. Born This Way by Lady Gaga There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are" She said, "Cause he made you perfect, babe" "So hold your head up girl and you'll go far, Listen to me when I say"
I'm beautiful in my way 'Cause God makes no mistakes I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way.
If you've ever met me, or even if you haven't, you know I have unshakable confidence.
5. The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle In the clearing stands a boxer And a fighter by his trade And he carries the reminders Of every glove that laid him down And cut him till he cried out In his anger and his shame "I am leaving, I am leaving" But the fighter still remains.
I grew up listening to this, and similar songs, and while I don't particularly resonate with the lyrics of this song, there's this percussion sounds, it sounds almost like a slamming door, that I remember very distinctly noticing as a child.
6. Helplessly Hoping by Crosby, Stills & Nash Helplessly hoping her harlequin hovers nearby Awaiting a word Gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit he runs Wishing he could fly Only to trip at the sound of goodbye The rhyming scheme and alliteration in the piece have always resonated with me.
7. Affirmation by Savage Garden I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality I believe that trust is more important than monogamy I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul I believe that family is worth more than money or gold I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires
So well articulated.
8. >Higher by The Sugar Beets You are wise and beauty in my eyes, and You have the power to make the people rise, and You have known this since you were a child, and You are love and magic in disguise now ...
This band is my violin teacher's band, if you watch the video, he's the fiddler in the live section. For a better idea of what the song actually sounds like though, either click the link in the title, or skip in the video until about 6:30. I learned this song from him, and I always loved the sort of metaphysical lyrics. Plus the hornpipe in the middle is DAMN fun to play!
Instrumental Ok. You get a video of me. :P I posted this before, but I couldn't find the version of The Lover's Waltz that I REALLY love, and so I figured I'd give you this one, which includes a few bonus pieces from the same CD. I love this song because it's sweet and sentimental. That doesn't entirely come across in my playing of it. On review, my versions a bit... quick. But you get the idea.
Ps. I'm boring with album names and totally ripped the title off from my favorite poem. So sue me ;) Should have been in bed hours ago. Oops.